AFL news: Peter Ladhams hits Ollie Wines, video, Port Adelaide beat Sydney Swans scores, reaction

A Sydney Swans star has been dragged over the coals by football fans after producing the worst two-minute stretch you’ll see this season.

Peter Ladhams will be looking for the nearest cave to hide in after producing arguably the worst two-minute stretch you’re likely to see this season.

As Port Adelaide began to tighten their grip on the game against Sydney Swans, Ladhams gifted Power – their former side – two goals in the space of two minutes.

Watch every AFL blockbuster game this weekend live and ad-free on Kayo. New to Kayo? Try free for 14 days >

Sam Powell-Pepper accepted the first free-kick from the top of the goalpost after Ladhams threw a Port player on the ground away from the ball.

Moments later, the big man was back in the thick of the action as he tackled Ollie Wines on the deck in the middle of the floor.

A free kick was called and as the ball sailed inside 50 Ladhams threw a right hand into Wines’ midsection which resulted in a downward free kick.

The ball ended up in the hands of Charlie Dixon who came back and scored the goal. Ladhams was immediately sent to the bench.

As footage of the incident played back, Fox Footy’s Jordan Lewis stood stunned and said the big man could expect a stint on the sidelines.

“It’s just a brain blast,” he said.

“If I’m Ladhams, I’m volunteering to find my own way to the airport…I don’t even want to be on the same bus as John Longmire” – said Jimmy Bartel on 3AW.

“Pray for Peter Ladhams when John Longmire reaches him,” The Age reporter Andrew Wu tweeted.

“Have a Ladhams holiday. It was dismal,” wrote Alex Fair of The Advocate.

As the fourth quarter was about to begin, Fox Footy’s commentary team looked back at the footage with Gerard Healy lambasting the big man’s actions.

“It can be a daunting experience playing against your old team, but there’s no excuse for this nonsense,” Healy said.

“He had a bad day or he had 10 bad minutes, but to turn around and go out of action for at least a week, maybe two, is a brain faint and I think that’s being generous. .”

Port Adelaide started to pull away in the third quarter and when they put their foot down, Sydney couldn’t respond.

A six to a quarter was the difference as the Power recorded a 12.10 (82) to 8.11 (59) win and kept their season alive.

Read related topics:sydney

Shirley M. Pinder